Friday, October 16, 2009

Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'

Is a long name for a beautiful tree. When we lived in Rotterdam we had one in the back garden. It flowers in the winter, when it is not freezing. There is not much flowering in this time of year, that is why I love this tree. In the spring it often flowers again.

Tuesday we went to Nobilis in Ens to get a Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'. On their site it was mentioned they had this tree and I earlier bought two trees at their place (an Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' and a Prunus with red leaves) they both were of outstanding quality, so I was happy to go there again.
I planted it the same day.

Wednesday I worked again in the garden. Two of three blueberries I took with me when we moved from Rotterdam to Lelystad were not doing well. They survived but did not thrive, because they were not planted on a right spot. So I replanted them, I hope just in time. They both got a better spot and some fresh soil.

No comments: