Thursday, June 6, 2013

a lot of colors in the garden


I like this blue-violet Columbine.

Last week we went to the gardencenter, where we bought this small Papaver 'Gartenzwerg'.

Each year the creeping phlox gets larger and has more flowers.

The Welsh poppy pops up everywhere in the garden, I don't mind as I like these flowers.

Another new addition: Japanese maple 'Beni-maiko'.

Wild pansy (Viola tricolor).

I could not resist the Lithodora 'Heavenly Blue' at the gardencenter ;-)

The last days of the tulip 'Groenland'.

Clematis 'The President'

London Pride (Saxifraga x Urbium) with many small flowers.

This year we have a pink New Guinea impatiens.

Bellflower (Campanula portenschlagiana).

White flowers and silver foliage of the Snow-in-Summer (Cerastium tomentosum).

In the frontgarden I planted two mini-roses (Rosa 'Vanilla Kordana').

I planted this Peonie in a container last year.

4 comments:

Milo said...

Such an array of beautiful colours. You clearly have green fingers and green thumbs, Anita:-) You must have worked tirelessly to achieve such a sanctuary!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
We moved here in October 2005 and ever since I have spend a lot of time in the garden :-)

Milo said...

Your many years of hard work and dedication in the garden have clearly paid dividends. I am curious to know what the theme of your garden is, but I have to wait one whole week to find out;-(

Anonymous said...

Not a real theme for the garden, there are some requirements:
- enough space for the dogs
- lots of colors and some fragrance
- fruits & herbs
- shady & comfortable places to sit